Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Sojourn

Why is it so hard to lay our burdens at the feet of Jesus--and then leave them there?  Do you know what I mean?  The laying down part isn't always so hard--it's resisting the urge to pick them back up that I struggle with...the waiting on God's timing...continuing to have faith that He knows best and will work all things for good to those who love him.

Why do I struggle so much with this?  Perhaps it's because, even though at this moment in time I realize I can't handle that heavy burden on my own, I still think that maybe tomorrow, or the next day, I'll find the answer.

So I kneel at the cross, place my burdens there at the feet of Jesus, stand up...and reach back down and pick them up again.  I am sure God thinks, "Oh my foolish child!  Do you not realize what I have done for you?  The sacrifice I made to save you from carrying that heavy load alone?  When will you understand...when will you trust enough?"





"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment