Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Rag Rugs on a Not-so-Springlike Saturday

Where did Spring go?!?!?
It is a cold rainy, snowy (yes, snow!) SaturdayWe had some nice, warm days this past week so this is rather rude today!  Since the weather is not conducive to working outside, I have been puttering around indoors.

I had purchased some old sheets and shirts at the thrift store; so I decided to tear them into strips for my rug making. It is a rather mindless task, so while ripping fabric, I'm watching NCIS.  Once I have the strips ready, I can get started on another rug.

My mess: 
 


 I have completed 5 rugs so far--3 smaller ones and 2 larger ones.  Took 4 of them, along with other handcrafts and vintage goodies, to the Barn Sale (which is in May--I will be posting details on it soon).

 Here are a couple finished products--hard to believe a pile of raggedy strips can be woven into something beautiful and practical...


















Enjoy your weekend--hope the sun is shining where you are!

_______________________
Linking to:  
 The Shabby Chic Cottage
No Minimalist Here
Lil' Luna
Someday Crafts
The Rustic Pig
Cozy LIttle House

No comments:

Post a Comment