Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ruler Growth Chart - My Version


I have been wanting to make this Ruler Growth Chart I found at 517 Creations a few months ago.  Finally got my son to cut my board--as he has kept our saw hostage since building his shed in the fall ;)--and I got it completed over the weekend.

I originally stained it with walnut stain--however it was darker than I liked--so I whitewashed over it.  Wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I love it! 

I have my first little granddaughter who is 18 months old.  I have been measuring her on the side of my cupboard until I got this completed.  Now I just have to transfer those measurements to this new chart...plus there will be lots of room to record future grandkids' measurements.  Which is good, because we have another one coming in September!  :)



Linking to:

The Scoop at The Farmhouse Porch

Creatively Tuesday at The Rustic Pig

The Vintage Farmhouse

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea. This you will always have with you and can pass the memories down.. Enjoy keeping tabs on those Grands. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya gotta love a woman who's prepared for those up and comin' grandkiddos!

    I love the idea and your version of a growth chart! Beautiful!!!

    God bless and have yourself an amazin' day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Love your door colors:) New follow. Follow back at
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/02/flourless-knockout-ninja-brownies.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new little one! How exciting! Love the growth chart. We have them all in the doorway at the shop, if we ever leave, we have to tear out the doorway!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete