Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

My first penny rug!

Finished my first penny rug today...a friend of mine mentioned trying her hand at the craft and started one a couple of weeks ago...well, she is still talking about how much she liked it and what wool she has salvaged, etc...all this talk finally motivated me to give it a try (thanks Bonnie!).

It is rather addicting--found it much easier to sit each evening after work and sew penny stacks rather than clean!

So here is my finished product--took me a handful of evenings to get it done...I am very pleased with the way it turned out...now I have to get some more pennies cut out and start on another design! Got quite a few ideas running through my head...

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Bev! If you are looking for any colors that you can't find, let me know, I have LOTS! Also, Heirloom Quilts in Brookville carries wool by the yard.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I just adore your penny rug...it looks fantastic!!!

    God bless and have a marvelous Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete