Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Amazing Grace...

Yesterday in church, as our youth band led us in worship, I was reminded of God's goodness. As I shared with you in a previous post, my hubby and I are waiting for some sign of hope on our personal economic horizon. I keep reminding myself that we need to trust God, He will see us through...however, as days and weeks go by, it is sometimes hard to do that. Every now and again, worry clouds my vision and I lose sight of my heavenly Father and his assurances for our life. Thankfully, however, I am blessed with an overall positive outlook so I don't seem to stay in the worry pit too long...but when I'm there, it's not pleasant.

Over the past several months at church, the hymns and songs have deeply touched me. As I sing and worship, I know God is using the words in those songs to remind me that He still watches over us and has not forgotten us. One of those songs we sang yesterday...Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) by Chris Tomlin...it seems I can't sing that song without choking up on the one verse...it's like God is saying, "Just trust me, my child...remember, I want good things for you...stay strong in me...remember my promises." The verse goes like this...


The Lord has promised good to me.
His Word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.


John Newton penned those words over 200 years ago, but they speak to me as powerfully today as I am sure they did to him as he wrote them...my hope is in God's Word...He is my shield from life's storms and He is all I need...as long as life endures...unending love...amazing grace...


Watch more YouTube videos on AOL Video

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following me over at my new blog! :o)Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete