Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Happy Customer


Anyone who loves antiques understands the thrill of the hunt
for a special treasure...and that feeling when you find it.

An Etsy customer of mine, Susan, experienced just that.  She had been searching for a register grate to complete a stair renovation project she had been working on.  The stairs had been covered in 1973 shag carpeting.  She had refinished the stairs and needed a grate for under the stairs to allow light and air to flow through into the basement stairwell to their family room.

She purchased this Victorian-era cast iron grate from my shop.  It had old chipped paint, as well as rust.




After more than 3 hours spent with a putty knife and sandpaper, she had scraped away the layers of history--black, green, white, baby blue, brown and yellow paint. Here is an after pic, once the paint was removed.  


She then used old-fashioned stove blacking and buffed it to a sheen.  
And here it is installed in its new home.  Doesn't it look beautiful?

 

"It makes me happy every time I pass by it." --Susan


I love finding old treasures and connecting them with new owners.  It makes me happy to know the pieces will continue to be used and loved rather than end up in a landfill.
And I love it when a buyer shares their "after" story with me!  Thanks Susan!




No comments:

Post a Comment