Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Thief in the Night

We have had a very snowy winter and my feathered friends have been daily visiting my feeders.  However, there have been days where I thought they must have voracious appetites as the seed disappeared rather quickly.
 
Occasionally, I see a squirrel shimmy up the skinny pole of the shepherd's hook and help himself to some seed.  And he can really do a number on it if I don't spy him soon enough and chase him away.

This morning, though, just as day was breaking, I happened to be going out to the kitchen for a coffee refill and saw this just outside the dining nook window.  

Caught ya!






Now these guys are back looking for breakfast...


I'll have to go fill the feeders again so they have something to fill their bellies.  They're going to need some sustenance to help them stay warm through the coming snowstorm.  




 The forecast has another 4-7 inches on the way!  Gotta keep telling myself...

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.
--Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment