Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Antique Memories

What do you get when you take a favorite antique mixing bowl--chips and all...your favorite breadboard...your mom's old rolling pin...and a few simple ingredients?



Some yummy memories for the holidays...
 

One of my favorite parts of holiday meals are the homemade noodles.  My mom always made homemade noodles for the holiday dinners and I sooooo looked forward to them.  

When Mom passed away, no one else in the family wanted her rolling pin, so I snatched it up.  Now every time I make noodles or pie dough or cinnamon rolls, I can't help but remember my mom and her hands doing the same tasks so many times during my childhood.  

 Mom was an excellent baker and lots of yummy treats were the product of that rolling pin.  I am trying my best to continue the tradition.



I really don't know why I don't make homemade noodles more often--they're not difficult to make.  But maybe then they wouldn't be so special...
___________________________

Do you have any special "antique" holiday memories?  Please do share.

No comments:

Post a Comment