Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Eye Candy

Riverbank beauties....



 "Earth laughs in flower."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sundrops--an appropriate name, don't you think?

A couple little visitors to our yard one evening--Mama was lurking in the woods keeping a watchful eye.


I love the happy "faces" of pansies!

Beauty in a Mother's Day basket!

I purchased this sign years ago at the estate sale of an elderly neighbor lady from my childhood.  I remember waking in the mornings and hearing her outside tending her flowers and always whistling--really loud for a wisp of a lady--dear Mabel--a sweet old soul.  This picture is a very appropriate tribute to her and her lovely flowers.



A bit overgrown but lots of pretty lilies...

One of my favorite fragrances of spring/summer--Mock Orange!
Can anybody identify this flower for me?  It was along for the ride in the pot with another perennial I purchased at a Garden Club sale several years ago...


You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.
~Author Unknown
 ________________________________

Who else loves gardens?  And the free therapy that goes along with tending them?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment