Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Vintage Blanket History Lesson

I recently found this vintage wool blanket at the thrift store.  It had never been used--still had the original tag on it with store name.  I researched the store and found it to be an old coal industry Company Store from my neck of the woods.  

It says it was made expressly for the Mahoning Supply Company.  There were multiple locations in a few neighboring counties so I can't pinpoint specifically which location it came from.  But I was excited to be able to find this much info on it.

Also found some interesting info regarding the length--which is a whopping 160 inches!  These were called double-length camp blankets and were a predecessor to sleeping bags of our day.

I have listed this blanket in my Etsy shop, with more complete details on this blanket and its history.  Stop by and check it out.

Wool camp blanket on Etsy


No comments:

Post a Comment