Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

SUNDAY SOJOURN

 
 
"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity."
 
These words are from the song Hosanna by Hillsong United.  They speak to me each time I sing them.
 
Too often we go thru life seeing only what we want to see...focused on ourselves and all we have to accomplish..ignoring the hurting hearts behind those faces we pass each day.
 
Have you ever prayed the above prayer?  Do you think if you did, you just might make a difference in your world? 
 
"Cause if you pray it, and your eyes are opened to the hurts, the injustices, the wronged of the world...I believe you may just happen to feel the need to do something to make a difference.
 
And the great thing about it all is that we don't need to be capable in our own selves to accomplish the task, whatever it may be.  When we open our hearts and lives to God, he can work his love through us...we are the vessel--but the ability and power comes from him.
 
So what do you think...will you pray these words...will you look and truly see...and then reach out and make a difference in your world?   

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, so very true, with God ANYTHING is possible!!

    I adore Hillsong...'just sayin'!

    God bless and thank you so much for your post. It truly touched my heart. :o)

    ReplyDelete